Devices are play a central roles in our daily lives. We carry our smart devices from home to work, and everywhere else we go in the world. It makes sense that APIs will eventually make their way beyond our computers and integrate directly with our homes.
A new wave of companies are emerging and developing the next generation of home automation technology ranging from thermostats for heating and air conditioning to lighting and home security. While much of the home automation technology is still without API, mmany new providers have seen the potential of introducing developer ecosystems and APIs to stimulate innovation around home technology integration.
Our online lives have jumped out of the home computer, into our pockets via our smart phones. The next evolution is naturally for deeper integration with our homes, which play a central role in both our public and private lives.
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Internet of Things Application Platform - ioBridge
- homeos - Microsoft Research
- LBMA Podcast: ‘Connected’ Cars and ‘Connected’ Homes
- Home.API: An extensible Open Source house API | Marcus Povey
- Domestic technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Category:Home automation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Category:Home - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Nest is moving again. And again.
- Save Energy. Save Money: ecobee API
- Thermostat Maker Ecobee Launches Home Automation API